Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Dolly Bars

I've been eating these all week after my mom brought them over, so time to share one of our family's favorite desserts! ....

1 stick margarine
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
1 can Eagle Brand milk

Heat oven to 350*. Put margarine in 13x9 pan and melt in oven while preheating. (Watch carefully so it only melts and does not brown.) Remove pan with melted margarine and mix in graham cracker crumbs. Gently pat mixture evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Spread chocolate chips and then coconut over crust. Pour can of Eagle Brand evenly over all. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until top is nicely browned. Cut into bars and ENJOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made these for work and I was almost disturbed at how much of these bars people ate! These bars are awesome - took about 5 minutes to make (including clean-up).

Next time I make them I will use a glass pan and grease it extremely well, probably also add a little more butter to the graham crackers than called for. The bars stuck to my ungreased tin pie pan, and it took a lot of muscle to get them out.