Monday, March 3, 2008

Welcome to "Our Food Network"!!

Ok I got this idea from another network of blogging friends, so I thought it would be fun to start one for my blogging network! I absolutely LOVE to cook, and am always looking for new, fun recipes. Ever since we started the Dave Ramsey, "Envelope System" we are cooking dinner every single night so I am running out of ideas! Anyone who wants to become a contributer is welcome!! Just let me know and I'll add you.

First Recipe:

Chicken and Sour Cream Enchiladas (Serves 2-4)

You will need:
1 package of bonesless chicken breast (about 3)
1 packet taco seasoning
4 tortillas (I use whole wheat or low carb because it makes me feel a little healthier:))
1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles, divided
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 (16 oz) container sour cream
2 cups (8 oz) "mexican blend" shredded cheese

Boil chicken in large pot of water until cooked through (about 25-30 minutes), shred chicken and put in frying pan, stir in taco seasoning with a little water & 1/2 of chiles and simmer for 5-10 min. Set aside.
Stir together remaining chiles, soup, sour cream. Pour 1/2 of mixtureinto greased 9x13 pan
Spoon chicken mixture evenly down centers of tortillas; rollup. Place,seam sides down, over soup mixtures in pan. Top evenly with remainingsoup mix and cheese. (be generous)
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Garnish with salsa/sour cream if desired.

We usually have this once a week! Can also make it with beef or ground Turkey instead of chicken. Soooo good!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

What a great idea Whit! One place I find easy recipes is kraftfoods.com. You can sign up for their quarterly magazines that are full of recipes and it's free. (they use a lot of kraft products, but you can substitute your own) I look forward to the blog :)

Ashley said...

I'm excited about this blog too! Since we live in a third world country, I am cooking dinner every single night and often get in a rut where I feel like I'm cooking the same old stuff! I might not be able to purchase all of the ingredients here - but I have become the queen of substitutions! :)

Rebecca Fua said...

i love this...this will be great. i am trying to cook more as well! great job whit. i am thinking what i should post...hmmm...

chris anne said...

great idea--i'm excited about this! also, i'm an enveloper, too! it can be a pain sometimes, but it sure does work. can't wait to see what other goodies we get on here.

Jillina said...

What a great idea!! I seem to make the same few recipes over and over so this will be great!

kljackson15 said...

I just made these enchiladas last night for my boyfriend, and he absolutely loved them! Thanks!

Cristie said...

I made this last week and I can't wait to make it again, so yummy!