Tuesday, May 6, 2008

super food quesadillas

Don't be fooled; these are not real quesadillas because there is no cheese. And these may be a bit too weird for you. I won't be offended... These are only for those who truly love sweet potatoes.
I chose orange font in honor of the sweet potatoes!

3-5 smallish sweet potatoes, washed, skin on
1 can black beans (organic if you so desire)
5-8 whole wheat (or your favorite variety) tortillas
touch extra virgin olive oil
touch sugar/honey to taste

Bake potatoes in oven wrapped in aluminum foil for about an hour on 400. When they come out, let them cool a minute so you don't feel your fingerprints off your fingers! (Some of us learn by experience.) Peel the potatoes. They almost slip right out of their peel. Mash the baked sweet potatoes in a medium bowl and add drained black beans (no need to cook or rinse). If you like your sweet potatoes extra sweet, add some honey or sugar. I keep my mix plain and it's still delicious.

Place tortilla in a pan with some evoo and add the mixture as the quesadilla filling. It will fill you up and is so good for you!

It's really fast (after the sweet potatoes bake) and easy.
-LLK

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Ok so when I first saw this recipe I was not so thrilled about making them...until I found out this weekend I can no longer eat dairy!!! It appears that I'm lactose intolerant:) SO now I am pumped about these non-cheese quesadillas!!!