Thursday, June 19, 2008

Easy Pleasy Pepper and Pear Salad

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be a part of this recipe group. I am always looking for new recipes, and I think ones passed down by friends and family always seem to taste better! :)

The Pepper and Pear Salad is something that I bring to almost every summer BBQ. It goes great with chicken, ribs, and burgers, and is a pretty addition to the table (plus, its not too bad for the figure, either!).

Easy Pleasy Pepper and Pear Salad
1 red bell pepper, pitted and sliced into long pieces
1 orange bell pepper, pitted and sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, pitted and sliced
4 green Anjou or Bartlett pears, cored and sliced

Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup rice vinegar (can find this in the ethnic food aisle), salt and pepper to taste, and toss.
I know it sounds weird, but it is very refreshing. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Now this looks like a recipe I can use!...simple and tasty and easy on the figure! Thanks! Maria